Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rave Review- Maybelline Fit Me Line

Hey Darlings

I couldn't wait to tell you guys about this new line Maybelline came out with! I knew after one use that it was seriously gold to me lol, but like always I like to test out products over atleast a week for cosmetics and play with different ways of applying and different combinations (setting powders, concealers, primers etc.)

NOTE* Here's a photo to show the foundation is not that orange in real life, I am using new lighting that obviously altered the video. Sorry Guys!


Go watch the video for my thoughts and opinions!


Also if you curious about my skin type, I have combination, oily and acne prone. I can easily say though this would be great for almost all skin types, the only downfall to having very oily skin would be the length of wear you would get out of this foundation but could easily be fixed with a mattifying primer. Same with very dry skin, this foundation feels very moisturizing and didn't pick up any of my dry spots, but again I can't say for sure how it would work out for any other skin types but my own.

I can't believe how much drug store products have come along in the last few years! I can honestly say with Maybelline's FIT ME line I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the makeup and the packaging. Lets talk about the packaging:


Packaging Pros
  • Sleek simple packaging, the foundation came in a square glass container, with simple black lid, quite similar to the Nars Sheer Glow packaging, maybe that was their goal, however I have to admit I prefer the lid over the Nars one since that one seems to get dirty quite quickly. Not only is the foundations packaging sleek but the powder compact was really pretty and I could honestly say I'd feel good pulling that out of my bag, the mirror is quite a good size and like that it was all black, it made it more discrete and sophisticated.
Packaging Cons
  • You all can already guess this one! I cannot stand the foundation opening and would of preffered a pump or even the option of purchasing one with foundation. I find that openings such as this are messy and make me terrified that if I put this in a bag for travel it would just explode or leak everywhere. Lastly for the blush I wish they would have included a more usuable blush brush or none at all. I find that those are just a waste and don't apply blush very nicely even used in a pinch. Over all though I do like the blush just wish they would have came out with something different since they always have the same packaging. I just felt it wasn't as cohesive with this line. That's just my thoughts.
I really feel like I covered everything I wanted to say in the video but really do enjoy this line very much! But if I had to choose the best out of the whole line I would have to say without any question Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer were by far what made me fall in love.

Product List / Recap



Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (120 Classic Ivory)-Personally I think this is a very close dupe to my favorite holy grail foundation Nars Sheer Glow, the texture is very similar, they both have very dewy/ natural finishes, they both are about medium in coverage, both light weight, although I find the finished texture of the foundation is a velvety consistancy on the skin where the Nars Sheer Glow seems a bit more tacky on the skin and takes longer to absorb into the skin than this foundation, also I find this is a bit more long wearing but for the most part very similar. So if your looking for a cheaper alternative or something with a dewy/natural finish that won't beat the bank definietly give this one a try!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (10 Light)-This is a very opaque creamy concealer and honestly I haven't tried anything like it personally. I usually us my MAC Studio Sculpt or Studio Finish Concealer, and to be quite frank I almost don't want to go back to using those two, this isn't just for under eye either unless of course your under eye circles need more help that of course a corrector might be needed however I find this is great for acne! Sometimes acne especially mine can get dry and flakey and can be a dead giveaway under concealer or foundation so this was great over drier areas such as acne, eyes, and around the nose.

Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder (120-Classic Ivory)-I can easily see a similarity to MACs MSF Natural face powder only in the sense that both give the skin a natual finish, not the matte powdery look. Now I'm not saying this is a dupe but just similar. This can be used for touch ups or for setting the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation.

Maybelline Fit Me Blush-(Light Pink)-If you have ever tried a Maybelline Blush they are all quite the same, just a night flush of color, not too overly pigmented so you can be as heavy handed as you like. This blush gives a natural flush to the face without being to baby doll pink or obvious.


I hope this review was helpful and if you are interested check back for a demo on how I use these products to get a "flawless face".

Now as some of you all know I won Maybelline's Dare to Inspire Contest a while ago and can't thank them enough for choosing me as their winner! Now with that being said I am not required nor do I get any compensation or anything for reviewing their products. The prize for winning that contest was simply getting the chance to get to try out new products they come out for the year of 2010. With that being said that doesn't change or alter my opinions by any means I promise!

Anyways!

Love Ya!
<3
Danielle

8 comments:

  1. Great products!! Will surely give the foundation a try:))
    Nice blog....check out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vids and blog...now I hate to complain but it is really hard to ready your blog since you only see chunks of words... maybe you could you change the color of the background or the font you write with. THanks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interested to try that concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    Mei Mei, I'm not sure what you mean, I use just a plain white background and the standard fonts blogger supplies. (Trebuchet, & Times). Nothing fancy hear lol. I'll look into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww man I don't know why but when I look at your blog it shows up black letters against the black and grey background. :-( is there something I have to click ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there I just took a screen shot of it and sent you an email so you can see it. Maybe it's bloggers fault not sure. So sad I can't read your blog... oh well at least I see the pics and watch you on youtube ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review i went at bought it at my local walgreens, 40% off this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you. In fact this time, the first criteria that a foundation must be meet is to have a pump. Dipping my fingers in the whole jar of foundation sounds unappealing to me.
    discount makeup

    ReplyDelete